D10968: Add an option to confirm trash emptying into settings

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 2 14:31:23 GMT 2018

ngraham accepted this revision.
ngraham added a comment.

  Works fine and the code looks good too. It's so nice to to see you tackle so many longstanding bugs and feature requests, Roman!

  Now I wonder if we can't improve the usability a bit here in a follow-up patch. After this patch lands this patch, 3/4 of the confirmation checkboxes will be related to the trash and deleting things. I think it might make more sense to put them all under the Trash page (where people will naturally go looking for them), rather than hidden away in General > Confirmations.

  That will leave only two confirmations under the Confirmations tab. We might consider removing the Confirmations tab entirely, moving the remaining two confirmation checkboxes onto the Behavior tab. We could make room for them by removing that tab's existing group boxes and headers, and making the radio button controls look more like those in Gwenview and modern KCMs: with the label to the left of the radio buttons, and all the text written so it can be read in the form of a sentence, e.g.:

    Sort (*) Naturally
         () Alphabetically (case insensitive)
         () Alphabetically (case sensitive)
    ``'