T9036: Checkboxes in mixed-control layouts

Andres Betts noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jun 17 19:46:10 BST 2018

abetts added a comment.

  I think we are forgetting one thing that was present in the KCM redesign mockups and we are not applying to this discussion.

  1. Labels on the left need to be action verbs
  2. Descriptions on the right are a continuation of the sentence

  We are sticking to what was already there and see if it works on the new design. My take is that the new design is fine, but we are not working on the labels as much.

  For example:

  Sorting Mode [X] Natural, Alphabetical, Case Sensitive

  Can be:

  Sort Files [X] Naturally, Alphabetically, Case Sensitive

  General [X] Show tooltips, show selection marker, rename inline, switch between split view with tab key

  Can be:

  Show: [X] Tooltips, Selection Marker

  Change file names: [X] Rename inline
  Switch Split View: [X] Using Tab Key

  I would also be in favor of using Bold font for the section headers, even split lines

  I hope it makes sense, the rendering is not amazing here.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T9036