D10804: Show "Empty Trash" button inside trash directory

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Feb 27 12:42:46 GMT 2018

rkflx requested changes to this revision.
rkflx added a comment.

  Thanks, much better than before, but still various problems:

  - Button only shown on one side for Split, while it should show on both sides. Reason: The URL bar is located in such a way so the user knows it will affect what is below, the button should work the same. Besides, this breaks as soon as the split is undone, i.e. no button at all anymore depending on which side you close.
  - Middle-clicking to open trash in new tab does not show button.
  - Opening Find hides the URL bar, it should hide the button too.
  - After triggering the action, disable the button instead of hiding it.
  - When the trash is empty initially, disable the button.
  - When a file is moved to the trash, the button should be enabled dynamically instead of having to navigate back and forth.
  - We could think about disabling the raised button border with `setFlat(true)`, e.g. like in the toolbar or in the Find widget.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dolphinviewcontainer.cpp:95
>
> +    m_emptyTrashButton = new QPushButton(QIcon::fromTheme(QStringLiteral("user-trash-symbolic")), "&Empty Trash", this);
> +    connect(m_emptyTrashButton, &QPushButton::clicked, [this](){

Won't do a full code review for Dolphin related patches, but this should just use the same icon as everywhere in Dolphin: `user-trash`.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin