D10832: Replace all enum to enum class

Mark Gaiser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Feb 25 14:44:03 GMT 2018

markg added a comment.

  In D10832#213675 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10832#213675>, @elvisangelaccio wrote:

  > Thanks for the patch.
  >
  > I agree we should use `enum class` for new code, I'm not sure it's worth porting to old enums though.
  >  The problem is that this diff is huge and it will make `git blame` harder to use, for little gain.
  >  @markg  @rkflx toughts?
  >
  > That said, if we really want to do it, please get rid of those static_casts where possible, they will only reduce the readability of the code.

  Tricky one!
  On one side i'm all in for code improvements and modernization.
  On the other hand, only if it makes sense.

  As it's done now (with all the added static_casts's) it's imho not worth it as the new code looks less clean then the old one, but that can be fixed.

  I personally would not bother making a patch for it, but now that the patch is there. Why not :)
  New code should certainly use enum class!

  Lastly, please do get the permission of the Dolphin maintainer as this is quite a refactoring.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin