D7423: [WIP/assistance needed] Populate UDS_CREATION_TIME on Linux if statx system call is available

Stefan BrĂ¼ns noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Aug 17 17:22:02 BST 2018

bruns added a comment.

  In D7423#310509 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D7423#310509>, @fvogt wrote:

  > On neon it won't work as the kernel everything is built against (so the minimum API/ABI) is too old. You'll either have to hack around that by messing with include paths or use something more recent.
  >
  > statx does not have a glibc wrapper, which means there is no `statx(...)` function. So HAVE_STATX is rightfully false.

  filesystemengine_unix.cpp`.

  This is no longer true with glibc 2.28, released two weeks ago. The interface is defined here:

  https://sourceware.org/git/?p=glibc.git;a=blob;f=io/bits/statx.h;h=e31254e3617bb17b1d4ba1dc5365529e376e257d;hb=HEAD

  So, first question which arises is, should we make it depend on glibc 2.28? There is no kernel dependency,
  as glibc fills out the statx struct using other syscalls if statx is not available (of course, no birthtime then).

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO