D12321: Hide file preview when icon is too small

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Apr 25 19:51:49 BST 2018

rkflx added a comment.

  @markg I just read the whole thing again. As far as I can see, your main concerns were:

  - Not being able to show previews for icon sets of small PNG files.
  - Confused users when an option is not available in some situations.

  For the first point, we were able to show that small PNG files can be shown as before. For the second point, we brought an example where this is already the case, with no confused users hunting us on Bugzilla. Various other questions also turned out to be non-issues (e.g. HiDPI support, remembering the user-set value etc.).

  Furthermore we have explained why your proposed solution to make this configurable is not a sensible path forward.

  We can still keep this Diff open for discussion for a couple of days, but at some point we'll have to make some progress. Your comments were really helpful in making us reflect even more use cases and situations, but in the end it turned out the patch should be able to handle all that just fine. Please let us know how to go forward from here.

  In any case we plan to also discuss this with #Dolphin <https://phabricator.kde.org/tag/dolphin/> before landing.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO