D12321: Hide file preview when icon is too small

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Apr 25 19:48:35 BST 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  Mark, how can we move forward here? We'd like to address your concerns if we can.

  The underlying goal here is to turn on previews by default so that the large icons view gets them, but we don't irritate people using very small icon sizes who generally don't benefit from previews since the icons are too small to distinguish anything. Do you see any other ways to achieve this goal? Or are you willing to put up with no previews for your tiny icons, and just increase their sizes a bit? :) Keep in mind that once the grid spacing patch goes in (today, per @rkflx) you'll be able to see more icons at larger sizes than you can today. So once all is said and done, you may actually come out ahead compared to what you have available today.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO