D12321: Hide file preview when icon is too small

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 23 16:40:44 BST 2018

rkflx added a comment.

  In D12321#252372 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12321#252372>, @markg wrote:

  > You said:
  >
  > > This automatic logic is already there. You are simply objecting to not allowing previews for small icons. Yes, we will remove this possibility which was there before.
  >
  > Which i interpreted as "previews for small images/icons won't be possible anymore in the future".
  >  Did i interpret that wrong?

  Indeed, we have to be careful with the terminology here:

  - "Icon size" mainly refers to the "Icon size" slider, which chooses how much space is available in the dialog per item/cell/file.
  - The size of an image, e.g. a photo, an icon or a word document, has nothing to do with this patch.

  For example, with 38px grid "icon size", you'll be able to see a 4000x3000 photo as well as a 4x3 icon. With 12px grid "icon size", you won't see previews for either the photo or the tiny icon.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO