D12321: Hide file preview when icon is too small

Mark Gaiser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 23 16:38:08 BST 2018

markg added a comment.

  In D12321#252366 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12321#252366>, @ngraham wrote:

  > In D12321#252365 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12321#252365>, @markg wrote:
  >
  > > > Browse... grid view... small size... previews... icons... so you want to be able to do this?
  > > >
  > > > F5819296: Small, not useful.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5819296>
  > >
  > > Sometimes, yes.
  > >  Like when looking for which icon to use for another button in the application i'm making for my job for instance....
  >

  > Are such tiny icons actually useful and distinguishable? Wouldn't it actually improve your productivity to increase the size of the icons and the window, such that you saw this instead?
  >
  > F5819375: Large, more useful.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5819375>
  >
  > Why torture yourself with tiny icons in a tiny window?

  Not always. Sometimes you want to see how they look at the actual size. How they are represented.
  The blown up way of looking at it (resized version) does not give you an accurate representation of how it will look like in the native size. Granted, this is very developer specific and what i usually do is first look at the blown up version. Then single out a few i might like followed by looking at the real sizes to determine which one to use. But regardless of that, it's great to be able to do that, i see no reason why we should lose that ability.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO