D11897: Expose group information to Dolphin's Information panel, tooltips, etc

Vlad Zagorodniy noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 3 20:18:33 BST 2018

zzag added a comment.

  In D11897#239274 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11897#239274>, @michaelh wrote:

  > Yep, my guess is most users rule their system anyway. For me they provide no useful info as I never navigate into say `/sys/bus/clockevents/` with dolpin. There's a konsole for those things.

  Well, I often wonder whether a given file is an executable or writable..
  F5785291: file-perms.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5785291>
  Now, for example, I see that blur-lockscreen.sh is in fact an executable.

  > now is not human-readable (e.g. "rw-r--r--").

  Are there alternatives to traditional Unix permissions?
  Personally, I think it's okay to show traditional Unix file permissions because Linux is a Unix-like operating system* but I'm a "developer" so maybe my opinion shouldn't count.

   * Yes, yes, I know... Linux is a kernel.

REPOSITORY
  R824 Baloo Widgets