D11022: Resize the "normal" folder icons

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Apr 1 22:31:45 BST 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  In D11022#238356 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11022#238356>, @elvisangelaccio wrote:

  > There is unused space, yes, but I wouldn't say it looks bad. Imho it's better than what we would get with this patch:
  >
  > F5781117: Screenshot_20180401_231404.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5781117>

  Well, I wouldn't exactly call the status quo ideal either:

  F5781124: Status quo.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5781124>

  Does it even make sense to have the information panel this wide in the first place? Neither the status quo nor the proposed patch really make sense when it's super wide. Maybe we shouldn't optimize for this extreme corner case.

  In D11022#238362 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11022#238362>, @elvisangelaccio wrote:

  > In D11022#238214 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11022#238214>, @ngraham wrote:
  >
  > > - Some folders that show a preview of their contents in the main view, but not in the information panel (not related to this patch, but still feels like a bug to Mr. or Mrs. Normal User)
  >

  > Not sure what you meant here?

  This bug:

  F5781128: Problem-2018-04-01_15.27.58.webm <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5781128>

  Because it has a custom icon by default, the Music folder shows a preview of its contents in the view, but not in the information panel.