D11022: Resize the "normal" folder icons

Elvis Angelaccio noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Apr 1 22:18:32 BST 2018

elvisangelaccio added a comment.

  In D11022#238214 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11022#238214>, @ngraham wrote:

  > In D11022#238047 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11022#238047>, @elvisangelaccio wrote:

  > > > 1. I am totally fine with abandoning this patch, but it was brought up on a few occasions on Bugzilla so I simply went ahead & made a patch
  > >

  > > The thing is, for one user that complains on bugzilla there are probably 10x people who are happy about the current implementation. Some of them *will* complain after this patch goes in.
  >

  > What do we suspect that they will complain about?

  Normal folder icons being too big for no reason (see also the very first comment by Kai).

  > To me, and to the version of me where I impersonate a Regular Userâ„¢, the current implementation feels buggy:
  >
  > - Some folders and icons have a maximum size in the preview pane, but others don't (putting on my "normal user" hat, I would have no idea why this was, and it would seem like a bug)

  If the icon is showing a preview we make it bigger (and resizable), feels pretty consistent to me (besides the fact that the whole thing should be disabled if previews are disabled).

  > - Some folders that show a preview of their contents in the main view, but not in the information panel (not related to this patch, but still feels like a bug to Mr. or Mrs. Normal User)

  Not sure what you meant here?