D7647: Bug 205157 - two clicks on file to rename

Andreas Krutzler noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Sep 18 14:48:03 BST 2017

akrutzler added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7647#146675, @sars wrote:

  > The problematic things for me are:
  >
  > 1. If I have selected a file, do something else and then come back and click the item "to ensure the window has focus", before doing some action on the item, it goes into "Fast edit mode".
  > 2. (On Windows) I right click the file and then want to cancel the pop-up dialog and I click over the selected file it will enter "fast edit" in stead of just closing the pop-up.
  > 3. If it actually will work as described in the previous comment (and the code suggests) that would be quite bad! (I have not compiled and tried this). If double-clicking an already selected item enters edit-mode that would be very not wanted!
  >
  > This could be solved by entering edit-mode **only** if the time from the previous click was greater than the double-click-time, but less than say ~2 seconds ago. Was this what you tried to say with "time-intervals: ..."?

  ad 1 & 3) I see the problem now. I managed to get an Windows 7 system running and indeed the behavior is different.
  Are you cool with the solution they did in Windows? If so, I will figure out how to fix that and update my patch ;)

  ad 2) That differs from the Windows solution right now. If you have an pop-up open and you click on the selected item, it will just close the pop-up.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin