D7847: Fix bug 158264 - Terminal panel (konsole part) blocks the umount of removable media

Elvis Angelaccio noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Sep 17 18:20:49 BST 2017

elvisangelaccio added a comment.

  I'm not sure I agree with this patch.
  A standard  behavior in other filemanagers when umounting a device is to redirect to the view from the device URL to the home URL.
  So imho this patch is using the wrong approach: instead of the mainwindow telling the terminal panel to go to the home, it should be the mainwindow the one that changes its URL to the home.

  This way:

  1. We get an usable DolphinView after unmounting the device (matching the behavior of e.g. Nautilus)
  2. We don't need the `goHome()` method in TerminalPanel, it would be automatic.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin