D7647: Bug 205157 - two clicks on file to rename

Andreas Krutzler noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Sep 1 22:31:39 BST 2017

akrutzler created this revision.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Konqueror.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Hello,
  since my review request is 10 months old (https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/128715/) and today was one of these days where a feature like that would be rather handy, I decided to push this feature again :)

  1. The single/double-click problem:

  To correct myself, I also think this feature just works in double-click mode.
  There are some cases to trigger the renaming in single-click mode too, but in my opinion that’s not quite intuitive.

  2. The functionality

  "funky bomber" described it very well how this should work.
  The only thing I would change is that the inline-renaming ONLY triggers if one clicks on the text/name of the highlighted item. (that’s how the windows-file-manager do it too)

  3. The additional option

  As we apparently break someone's workflow, we should make this feature optional to respect "slow-clickers".

  All of this is included in my current patch. It builds against the latest master so it should be easily reviewed.

  Best regards
  Andreas

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin

AFFECTED FILES
  src/kitemviews/kitemlistcontroller.cpp
  src/kitemviews/kitemlistcontroller.h
  src/kitemviews/kitemlistview.cpp
  src/kitemviews/kitemlistview.h
  src/settings/dolphin_generalsettings.kcfg
  src/settings/general/behaviorsettingspage.cpp
  src/settings/general/behaviorsettingspage.h
  src/views/dolphinview.cpp
  src/views/dolphinview.h