D8208: Add Duplicate feature

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Oct 15 21:19:33 BST 2017

broulik added a comment.

  I actually find myself quite often using Ctrl+C and then Ctrl+V, I would like a "duplicate" option.

  I'm just not sure about just adding "copy" suffix, I usually enter a new name and appreciate that it lets me choose a new one rather than complaining about already existing like other OS do it.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dolphinview.cpp:742
> +        if (originalPath.endsWith(i18n(" copy"))) {
> +             duplicatePath = originalPath + QString(i18n(" 1")) + suffixString;
> +        } else {

You might want to look into `KIO::suggestName` or what it's called but I think this might not be completely suitable for this usecase here

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin