D8208: Add Duplicate feature

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Oct 15 21:13:32 BST 2017

ngraham added a comment.

  FWIW, My mother is a "Lisa" user, and with macOS Finder, she uses its Duplicate feature *constantly*. I got the idea to add it to Dolphin after watching her file manager workflow in detail 3 months ago.

  I think this falls under the umbrella of "Powerful when needed." By default, Dolphin doesn't show the menubar, so this feature is hidden and doesn't clutter up the simple interface. But when you show the menubar, that's an indication that you're a power user with greater needs, and then the feature is visible in the File menu.

  This feature may seem a bit superfluous when just duplicating a single file, where you only save a few keystrokes. But try copying-and-pasting multiple files; the UI is a bit of a mess, and it's very confusing. This IMHO is much simpler and clearer for that use case.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin