D8303: Show Date Modified information by default in Dolphin's Information Panel and Tooltips

Mark Gaiser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Oct 15 20:23:39 BST 2017

markg added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D8303#155840, @ngraham wrote:

  > @markg I actually like the current verbose format. That's somewhat unrelated to this; can we track that change, if any, with a new patch?

  That depends on how you want to do that ;)

  What i'm thinking about, but that might be way too specific, is providing a settings field somewhere where you fill in the date time format you want to see. And then use that format everywhere in Dolphin. But that would be a micro setting that probably not everyone would agree to.

  Another option is getting it from the settings as both your and my preference is there. Just go to System Settings -> Formats and there you see "Time". There are two lines there, long format and short format. I think it would be acceptable if dolphin is a "Time format" dropdown in it's settings that picks either the long format or the short format. Would that work for you? The default probably has to stay the short format though, as the long one will explode the detail view width.

REPOSITORY
  R824 Baloo Widgets