D8630: Created unit test for PlacesItemModel

Milian Wolff noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Nov 20 11:35:43 GMT 2017

mwolff requested changes to this revision.
mwolff added a comment.

  lgtm, some minor nits only from my side

INLINE COMMENTS

> placesitemmodeltest.cpp:44
> +//c:\ as root for windows
> +#define KDE_ROOT_PATH "C:\\"
> +#else

why not QDir rootPath with toNativeSeparators?

> placesitemmodeltest.cpp:151
> +    m_model = new PlacesItemModel();
> +    QTest::qWait(300);
> +    QCOMPARE(m_model->count(), 17);

can you instead use a signal spy and wait for some signal? or use QTRY_COMPARE below?

> placesitemmodeltest.cpp:478
> +{
> +    PlacesItem *item = m_model->createPlacesItem(QStringLiteral("Temporary Dir"),
> +                                                 QUrl::fromLocalFile(QStandardPaths::writableLocation(QStandardPaths::TempLocation)),

extract this into a helper function to simplify the code, it's repeated in most test functions

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin