D8855: Use Kio::KPlacesModel as source model for PlacesItemModel

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Nov 18 14:54:44 GMT 2017

ngraham added a comment.

  The problem with that approach is that you'll wind up with a large number of number of panels to manage (Places, Devices, Search For, Recently Saved, Tags...) . Each one can have a scrollbar since its content is scrollable, so you'd wind up with four or five scrollviews immediately above one another, which is a poorer UX compared to the single scrollable view that the Places panel already offers. If we re-implement everything such that each panel never has a scrollview and has to be fit inside a master scrollview... then we've re-implemented exactly what we already have with the places panel.

  IMHO the merits of an all-panel approach are separate from this patch anyway. Regardless of the final UI, it makes good sense to abandon our fork of the code in Dolphin.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin