D8855: Use Kio::KPlacesModel as source model for PlacesItemModel

Nicolas Fella noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Nov 18 14:49:12 GMT 2017

nicolasfella added a comment.

  I would like to propose another approach. Like discussed in https://phabricator.kde.org/D7700 https://phabricator.kde.org/D8243 and https://phabricator.kde.org/D7446 I would vote for splitting the functionality of the placespanel into smaller panels (~one for each group in the current places panel). By default this could look like the status quo, but the user would be able to reorder them in her gusto. For example, hve the "normal" places entries on the left and the baloo stuff or a tags panel on the right. These panels would inherit from a common abstract panel class but each would have its own model which would be much more maintainable (current PlacesItemModel.cpp has ~1200 LOC). The small panels would also not need group support (the panel IS the group) so the code would be less complex as well

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin