D6182: Change in "Open in new tab" feature in Dolphin

Emirald Mateli noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jun 11 15:46:32 BST 2017

emateli added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D6182#115597, @elvisangelaccio wrote:

  > Thanks for the patch. This is surely an improvement, but shouldn't we rather disable the open_in_new_tab(s) actions if no selected item is a folder/archive?

  That is also a possibility. The old code acted that way (no available targets => open the current directory in new tab) so I merely improved on that by checking whether any new tabs were actually opened.
  If this goes with the enable/disable route then I  think the functionality which opens the current directory in a new tab should be removed as well. I also don't know how fast it would be to check on whether any tabs would be created every time the user selection changes in Dolphin (since the `DolphinView::openItemAsFolderUrl` needs to be called for each selected item until it finds a valid target);.

  In the end, it's only a matter of preference on which is the "proper" way to go about it. I personally think the current approach is fine since the action has this secondary "Open the current directory" when no valid targets were found.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin