Looking for co-mentors for a GSoC Dolphin/KIO project

Elvis Angelaccio elvis.angelaccio at kde.org
Sat Jan 21 23:44:43 GMT 2017

On Sat, Jan 14, 2017 at 11:58 PM, Elvis Angelaccio
<elvis.angelaccio at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> I played a bit with kauth in the file ioslave [1] and everything seems
> to work nicely :)
> [2] is a patch for kio that allows to delete file:// URLs upon polkit
> authentication.
>
> The helper just calls unlink(). In the patch I call the helper (from
> the ioslave) only if unlink() failes with EACCES or EPERM errors.
> This could be seen as code duplication (because we have unlink in two
> places), one of the things Aleix was afraid of. On the other hand, why
> call an helper process if you don't need it?
>
> Cheers,
> Elvis
>
> [1]: https://phabricator.kde.org/T5070
> [2]: https://phabricator.kde.org/file/data/mcjxwtqj2hijhebldlgb/PHID-FILE-ceznjt2trea7lli6v5n6/kauth.diff

The project idea is now live on the ideas page [1]. I need to tweak
the phabricator tasks, I'll do it later.
Feel free to improve it and/or to sign-up as co-mentors ;)

[1]: https://community.kde.org/GSoC/2017/Ideas#Project:_Polkit_support_in_KIO.2FDolphin

Cheers,
Elvis