D7477: Limit folder panel to home directory if inside home

Emmanuel Pescosta noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 30 17:45:57 BST 2017

emmanuelp added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> hoffmannrobert wrote in folderspanel.cpp:357
> Here, it is required: if a subdirectory of home has been selected previously before selecting home itself, the previous selection is not cleared. There is nothing to be newly selected in the folders panel in this case.

`FoldersPanel::slotLoadingCompleted` already clears the selection and thus this special case shouldn't be required.

Your patch, without this changes, works fine locally (e.g. when going from `/` to `~`).
Can you please provide the exact steps to make it fail? Thanks!

> elvisangelaccio wrote in treeviewcontextmenu.cpp:128
> "folder panel" is kinda redundant/implicit now, maybe just use ""Limit to home directory if inside home"

More consistent would be something like "Limit to Home Directory if Inside Home", because we use capital letters for action labels.

But I would prefer a shorter action label like "Limit to Home Directory" but with an additional tool tip to describe the exact behavior.

@elvisangelaccio, @hoffmannrobert: What do you think?

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin