Started trying to build Dolphin file browser to fix my intermittent file copy progress issue

Art pinaar14 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 05:51:56 GMT 2016

It works then stops showing up after I tweak a few things and it comes back
after I do some major Ubuntu default LightDM upgrades.

I assumed I could build it since it works sometimes even I'm not using the
KDE DM, but anongit.kde.org/dolphin repo has too many dependencies that I'm
wondering why it ever worked in the first place.

I used an online guide for building using, "kdesrc-build
--include-dependencies...", but I just got too many errors even though I
updated a few lines in my ~/.kdesrc-buildrc to match my environment.
I'm running Ubuntu 16.10, Linux cs1 4.8.0-27-generic #29-Ubuntu SMP Thu Oct
20 21:03:13 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux. I used the sample
parameter, "branch-group kf5-qt5" in my configuration, but I really just
want the absolute minimal footprint that will give me the file copy
progress status panels when I copy files in Dolphin.

I've developed code for over 40 years, but pretty much stayed in the Visual
Studio under Windows and GCC C/C++ under Linux, mostly building with a
little original development for file manipulation and checksum verification
to suit my needs.

Thx - Psi