KFilePlacesModelTest

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat May 7 19:05:17 BST 2016

On Saturday 07 May 2016 19:03:17 Giuseppe D'Angelo wrote:
> Il 07/05/2016 14:33, David Faure ha scritto:
> > The thing I wonder is... does it really make sense to have a model with random ordering?
> > Isn't it a problem for users if their visible list of places is different between every run?
> > Or am I missing something and the different order in the test isn't actually user visible?
>
> I'm missing knowledge of the relevant code here. Is the code somehow
> building two QSets and then comparing their keys, and expecting a stable
> result of some sorts? This would be quite dangerous and impossible to
> control even if you disable seed randomisation and fix the hashing
> algorithm...

One QSet (within a subsystem called Solid), then iterating through it to return
a list to the upper layer (KIO), which uses that to create an itemmodel, and then
in the unittest, iterating over the itemmodel and comparing with a fixed
expected list. Which is why order matters for the unittest.

We disable seed randomisation and sse4.2 (can't remember why that mattered,
that was something Volker found out iirc), and that made it pass until recently,
I'm not sure what changed.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5