About Konqueror

Henry Miller hank at millerfarm.com
Fri Mar 11 19:27:28 GMT 2016

Konqueror is maintained, but both of the Web backends are not. Webkit is not maintained in qt anymore (apple is not playing nice with open source again).  Khtml gets a commit once in a while, but there are not enough people working on it to make it a modern engine.

Probably the quickest way to get Konqueror useful for the Web is to use QtWebEngine, it is Google's fork of Webkit and should be maintained for a while. I don't know if we can use it though.