Feature-request for Konqueror: search

Rigo Wenning rigo at w3.org
Mon Sep 15 07:22:35 BST 2014

Hi all,

as we all know, konqueror is the swiss knife of the Desktop. And for file
management, konqueror currently uses dolphin-part. That's fine and a good
solution.

While Dolphin lacks the integration of versioning systems (SVN/CVS,
hopefully git at some time integrated in konqueror), konqueror has no
ability to access the baloo find utility. (Which terribly lacks
documentation and a query language and an advanced query interface).

I believe it is easier to create an interface for konqueror to the baloo
find utility than it is to create the versioning plugins for dolphin.
This is why I would really like to see an access to the baloo search in
konqueror. Are there any plans?

 --Rigo