Overlay icons in Dolphin and Konqueror

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Jul 6 23:17:39 BST 2014

On Sunday 06 July 2014 22:58:13 Frank Reininghaus wrote:
> I guess it depends on whether the new functionality should also be
> available to applications which do not use lib/konq (like, e.g., the
> file dialog).

Right, that's the main question.

> Some classes have been moved from lib/konq to kio in the
> past by David AFAIK, so it would be interesting to know what he thinks
> about this issue.

libkonq is going to see a very different future in the KF5 world.
It used to allow sharing code between dolphin and folderview, but now these
two things are in a different product (apps and workspace, respectively), so
the only way for them to share code is to have that code in Frameworks...

So I think the medium-term plan for libkonq is to move all the interseting
stuff to kio...

Working on KDE Frameworks 5