File manager context menus

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Aug 22 08:46:30 BST 2014

On Sunday 17 August 2014 23:02:24 Frank Reininghaus wrote:
> > I have made two patches related to context menus
> > (https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/115678/ and
> > https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/115679/) some time ago, to make the
> > DolpinContextMenu more independent, so that it can be reused in multiple
> > places within Dolphin.
> Yes, if we can remove code duplication by sharing the context menu
> with others, I agree that using this shared menu also in other places,
> like the Folders Panel, is worth considering :-)

So what's your preferred approach? Starting from DolphinContextMenu (and
extracting it into KIO), or starting from KonqPopupMenu?

E.g. do you consider the visual appearance or the API of KonqPopupMenu
particularly ugly? Otherwise it seems simpler to start from this one, it's
more commonly used.

(for now I'm getting rid of KonqOperations, the popupmenu is the next step).

PS: I just found out that kfind uses KonqPopupMenu too - yet another user.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5