File manager context menus

Emmanuel Pescosta emmanuelpescosta099 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 18:26:55 BST 2014

> 3) A popupmenu implementation moves to KIO, made of the best stuff from
> dolphin and konqueror.

+1 from my side!

I have made two patches related to context menus (
https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/115678/ and
https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/115679/) some time ago, to make the
DolpinContextMenu more independent, so that it can be reused in multiple
places within Dolphin.

> enum ContextElements
> ContextMenu(ContextElements::CUT | ContextElements::COPY |
ContextElements::PASTE | ...)

I think the "context" based approach to add the right actions, which is
currently used in Dolphin's context menu, makes sense here and we should
keep it, because we can easily provide default menus for specific contexts
like trash, folder/file, viewport ... and if special contexts are needed,
then they can be added really easily. So different users of the menu
(Dolphin, folderview, ...) will have the same default items in the same
order.

Cheers,
Emmanuel