Overlay icons in Dolphin and Konqueror

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Aug 16 21:29:44 BST 2014

On Thursday 17 July 2014 19:55:23 Olivier Goffart wrote:
> +class LIBKONQ_EXPORT KOverlayIconPlugin : public QObject {
> +    virtual QStringList getOverlays(const KFileItem &item) = 0;
> +signals:
> +    void overlaysChanged(const KUrl &url, const QStringList &overlays);
> +};

I assume at some point the overlays should show in the file dialog as well?

This would be a second reason for putting it in libkio (the first one being that
libkonq is scheduled for removal).

I have no objection with this class going in libkio 4.x and frameworks.
Check the release schedule for rules about adding features to 4.x (when and in which branch),
I didn't follow that for some time.

If it makes matters simpler, put it in libkonq for now (for 4.x), and in kio frameworks,
but then you'll never get overlays in KFileDialog in any 4.x version.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5