Re: [Design] lighten Dolphin’s Control menu

Frank Reininghaus frank78ac at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 4 10:04:52 BST 2013

Hi,

2013/9/3 sinma:
> It’ll be nice if some of the design decision were on the Dolphin website or
> somewhere easy to find, so guys like me can understand why things are like
> there are, etc (and also for others KDE projects, on techbase or userbase for
> example).

that would certainly be nice, but please note that all work on Dolphin
is done by volunteers in their spare time. Handling the incoming bug
reports, reviewing patches, fixing some bugs from time to time, and
writing useful replies to mails like yours is extremely
time-consuming, and getting at least some of that stuff done that
other people put on my endless TODO list is quite challenging for me.
Setting up a wiki page which explains the design decisions, and even
more importantly, keeping it up to date, is something that I can
definitely not do. Moreover, the vast majority of the design decisions
have not been taken by people who are still active in Dolphin
development, so it would be even harder to explain the reasons for
them.

If anyone else volunteers to set up such a page and maintain it in the
future, that would certainly be appreciated.

Cheers,
Frank