4 usability bugs in Dolphin: documented with screenshots

"Gérard Talbot" browserbugs at gtalbot.org
Sat Mar 16 16:43:33 GMT 2013

> Hi Gérard,
>
> thanks for your message.
>
> 2013/3/16 "Gérard Talbot":
>> Dear Dolphin developers,
>>
>> Sorry for not reporting these bugs so far.
>>
>> Since about 3-4 weeks, whenever I work with Dolphin and encounter what I
>> sincerly believe are usability bugs or bad translation or inoperability
>> issues, I quickly took a screenshot. I did not have time to file bug
>> reports; please believe me, I am a very busy man.
>
> please believe me, I am a very busy man too. Reporting many different
> issues (most of which have *nothing* to do with Dolphin development)
> in a single message to the mailing list, rather than in bug reports
> which are filed for the right products, does not exactly make my life
> easier. But nonetheless, I will try to answer.
>
>> First attached .png screenshot image:
>> KDE-delete-instead-of-remove-USB-tooltip.png , 854px by 472px , 100
>> KBytes
>>
>> In french, we can clearly read the following in the tooltip:
>> "Cliquez pour supprimer ce périphérique en toute sécurité"
>> which you can translate (in English) as
>> "Click to safely delete the device."
>> !!
>>
>> The correct translation should have been saying instead something like
>> "Click to safely remove the device."
>> or
>> "Click to safely remove the removable device."
>> or (even best)
>> "Click to safely remove the USB device."
>> or even
>> "Cliquez pour retirer cette clé USB en toute sécurité."
>
> Please report translations issues as bug reports for the product "i18n".

I will report translations issues as bug reports next week as I will have
more time for this.
I have noted: product: i18n, translation and Plasma's device notifier.

But I'm not sure about others like Favoris versus Signets and tooltip
message duration by operating system event instead of mouse cursor
hovering event. Anyway ... with screenshots, things should be easier...

Gérard

--
Konqueror Implementation Report of CSS 2.1 test suite (RC6): 9418 testcases
http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/Konqueror4Bugs/Konq-IR-CSS21TestSuite.html