4 usability bugs in Dolphin: documented with screenshots

"Gérard Talbot" browserbugs at gtalbot.org
Sat Mar 16 16:32:49 GMT 2013

> On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 12:35 AM, "Gérard Talbot"
> <browserbugs at gtalbot.org>wrote:
>

>> There is another usability issue with that screenshot. Iconography,
>> logography, pictography, ideography everywhere nowadays. What does a
>> black
>> triangle with a short horizontal black line inside a white-ish round
>> area
>> means? In the asbolute, nothing. In the relativity, not much or hard to
>> say for non-initiated people.
>>

> The "eject" icon has been a standard in consumer electronics since the
> tape
> player, almost 40 years:
>
> http://www.decodeunicode.org/en/u+23cf/properties
>
> "In use since the 1970s on the first (audio) tape recorders and data sets.
> Currently appearing and being understood world-wide on CD and DVD players
> as well as on software."

Todd,

That's a good point you make here. I swear I never realized what such icon
was about.

But speaking of icons, I intend to file 2 additional usability bugs that I
have not mentioned yet. One of them was even discovered by a friend of
mine who came at home to help me use the USB drive and USB key ... because
I could not figure out how to use USB drive and a USB key because of the
tooltip messages I was seeing. He also did not realize what such icon was
about; like me, he was trusting the tooltip message he was seeing until we
just couldn't see anything else than to try such icon.

Gérard
--
Konqueror Implementation Report of CSS 2.1 test suite (RC6): 9418 testcases
http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/Konqueror4Bugs/Konq-IR-CSS21TestSuite.html