Dolphin-plugins - Perforce support

Frank Reininghaus frank78ac at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 30 21:11:28 GMT 2012

Hi Martin,

thanks for your message and your efforts to improve our range of
version control plugins :-)

2012/10/30 Martin Andersen:
> This is my first mail to this list, I have been a happy kde user for a
> couple of years and finally made my first piece of kde code.
>
> I have been using the svn and git plugins for Dolphin. Recently I have
> started to use Perforce so I decided to develop a Perforce plugin for
> Dolphin. The plugin is now functional. It can show the local state of the
> files and there are action menus for most of the simple use cases.
>
> If anybody is interested in the plugin I would like to share the code and
> discuss if you have any suggestions.

the current version control plugins live in kdesdk [1]. To be honest,
I have no idea how the review process for the existing plugins has
been handled because I wasn't involved in the discussions and I have
only very superficial knowledge of the version control plugins, but
maybe someone with more knowledge in this area can speak up.

In any case, could you share a link to a public repository where your
code can be accessed?

Best regards,
Frank

[1] http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdesdk/dolphin-plugins/