Springer web pages disallow Konqueror web browser

Oliver Kullmann O.Kullmann at swansea.ac.uk
Wed Oct 24 21:38:55 BST 2012

Hello,

I am not subscribed to the list, and I just wanted to report that
according to an e-mail I got from Metapress, which apparently now
handles Springer web pages, they disallow Konqueror.
See for example
http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-34188-5_8
which can not be accessed by Konqueror anymore.
This seems a strange behaviour, especially from a scientific publisher.

Fortunately Konqueror allows site-specific identification.
As it seems to me, Konqueror is the only browser which gives the user
control, so please keep up the good work!

Oliver

--
Dr. Oliver Kullmann
Department of Computer Science