[Dolphin] Dolphin.KDE.org website upgrade (HTML5)

Frank Reininghaus frank78ac at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 14 10:08:22 GMT 2012

Hi Rishabh,

2012/11/13 Rishabh Rao:
> Hi Frank,
>
> Thanks for your reply!
>
>> What kind of newsletter do you have in mind?
> I meant something like Amarok Insider (http://amarok.kde.org/en/Insider).

Well, but then someone would have to volunteer to write such a
newsletter. And to be honest, I don't think that many users would be
interested in such a thing. Dolphin isn't really an application which
adds cool features all the time. I think that what users appreciate
most about it is that it mostly works as expected and does not have
too many bugs :-) And anyone who is interested in the ongoing bug
fixing work can just read my blog (or possibly, the future blog posts
of other contributors?).

> Well, so shall we postpone this idea of updating the website to the future?

Well, unless there are other opinions, I tend to think that any
massive change of the Dolphin website would not be a good investment
of your time. As I said, I doubt that we can offer a lot of content
that would be interesting for many users.

> If there's any web design/developer related work required in the
> future, please do mention on kfm-devel at kde.org. I'd be happy to
> contribute!
>
> On a different note, I'll look at other places to contribute:
> http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute#User_Interface seems interesting!

Yes, looks good! I am sure that KDE could also benefit from your web
development skills. Just try to get in touch with the people
responsible for the KDE website and see if they need any help.

Thanks and best regards,
Frank