Help developers weed through bug reports and find truly valid bugs

Frank Reininghaus frank78ac at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 5 11:51:26 BST 2011

Hi,

2011/9/4 "GĂ©rard Talbot":
> A bug report which would have the clean-report keyword added would mean:
>
> - the bug is valid and we can even find/quote a spec excerpt about it
> - the bug report has clear steps to reproduce
> - the bug report summary and description are formal and factual
> - the bug reporter replies back when asked questions or to provide more info
> - the bug report has a reduced testcase (triggering web standards
> compliant rendering mode : do Ctrl+I, rendering mode value) by which we
> can reproduce 100% of the time the problem reported
> - all of the relevant details, specifics about the system and application
> of the bug reporter are mentioned.

we have the "reproduceable" keyword which means mostly the same AFAIK.

> Other keywords should be introduced to help figure out issues and problems
> into categories:

I think that keywords can only be added globally (i.e., not restricted
to a certain product on bugs.kde.org), right? In that case, I think
that new keywords should only be added if they are useful for most
products which use bugs.kde.org (something like "reproduceable",
"release blocker" etc.). If every product introduced its own set of
additional keywords, we'd have a big mess of keywords, and that would
not help anyone.

Cheers,
Frank