Konqueror's "Open With" dialog behaviour when opening a URL with an external application

Dawit A adawit at kde.org
Mon May 16 21:16:41 BST 2011

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Raphael Kubo da Costa
<kubito at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> I'm looking at Ark bug 273239 [1]: when one clicks one of the mentioned
> links, the Open With dialog shows up, and if one chooses to open the
> linked zip file with Ark it fails.
>
> It turns out that the web server only allows that link to work if the
> Referrer is set correctly. However, when Ark is called it just issues an
> HTTP GET with no Referrer header, thus getting an HTML login page
> instead.
>
> Is there anything I could to on Konqueror/KRun's side, or should I just
> close that bug as something that cannot be fixed on KDE's side?

It is a bug in KParts::BrowserRun. Without getting into the gory
details, the problem was caused by the fact that the original ioslave
used to obtain the mimetype was never being reused by Ark because the
job that was put on hold in KParts::BrowserRun::slotBrowserMimeType
never gets published. Fixing that should fix the problem.

Regards,
Dawit A.