Is isPopupWindow()'s behaviour in konqmainwindow.cpp correct?

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 14:59:45 BST 2011

Dawit A <adawit at kde.org> writes:

> That is not true. If a window.open request contains any "features" as
> shown below, then it MUST always be opened as a new window regardless
> of the user's preference.
>
> window.open ("http://www.kde.org", "new_window", "width=200, height=100");
>
> Otherwise, things like web calender widgets would not work as
> intended. Oh and those features in the third parameter do not have to
> be width and height information either. You can try the above script
> in both Firefox and Opera, or any other browser for that matter, and
> you will see it opens up in a new window.

This is the specific function in a website that prompted me to write
about this matter:

  function OpenURL(TheURL) {
        var largura = screen.availWidth;
        var altura = screen.availHeight;
        window.open(TheURL,"URL","top=0, left=0, width="+ (largura-7) +
                    ", height="+ (altura-7) + ",
                    scrollbars=yes,toolbar=no,location=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes");
  }

Indeed, Firefox4 opened this in a new window, whereas Opera did open it
in a new tab.

This seems to be a limit case where the new window is created via
window.open, but was expected to behave like a full-screen window ;)