I was kinda bored

Maksim Orlovich mo85 at cornell.edu
Mon Oct 11 17:53:18 BST 2010

>> 1) Don't change misc/htmlnames.{h/cpp} directly. Rather edit
>> misc/htmlattrs.in and re-run
>> misc/gennames.py. Then "enjoy" a full recompile...
>
> Whatever works ;) This should definitely go into khtml/doc/ something then.

There is a comment to that effect on top of htmlnames.h. Sounds like it
doesn't stand out enough.

>> 2)
>> +        if ((int)m_numberMin == m_numberMin)
>> +            ok = ((int)tmp == tmp);
>>
>> Probably need to check the original ok here, too.
>> It's probably also worth checking whether something like
>> setAttribute("min", "monkeys!") is supposed to reset the value to default
>> or not.
>
> That's probably somehow related to JavaScript and stuff, no?

Yeah, though it's generic path, and not methods specific to this...

> There are some  JS
> accessor functions (input.stepUp(n), input.stepDown(n) and
> input.valueAsNumber() that are missing). I have no idea about JavaScript at
> all, even less about how to implement this in KHTML.

It's pretty easy to add them, but kind of boilerplatey. I really need
to get off my
rear end and finally do the WebIDL tool. r1184868 sort of gives the idea on
how it's done now, except that for a function it would be in callAsFunction and
 not get*... And for HTML Elements there is a giant mutant for all
types with lots
 of switches in ecma/kjs_html.*

>> 3) RenderNumberEdit::upateFromElement:() needs to update min/max/step as
>> well
>
> Yeah, probably. Also W3C says an empty string as input must be allowed. And
> of
> course there are no unit-tests.

Also forgot that the setting of the appropriate properties should call
setChanged()

Thanks,
Maks