Supporting the MAFF web archive format, based on ZIP

Matthias Grimrath maps4711 at gmx.de
Sun Mar 21 22:59:33 GMT 2010

On Sonntag 14 März 2010, Maksim Orlovich wrote:
> To perhaps save you some time, let me point at the code handling
> application/x-webarchive in KonqMainWindow::openUrl, in
> kdebase/apps/konqueror/src

I easily changed the webarchiver in my workarea to write ZIPs instead
of WARs. Basically I replaced 'KTar' with 'KZip'. But this is not
sufficient for MAFF support because MAFF uses a random directory name
inside the ZIP archive.

While I think this is a good idea (see my other mail) it also means
the simple approach (or should I say "hack" ;-) of appending
"index.html" in KonqMainWindow::openUrl() does not work anymore.

My idea is to write a new kio slave "kio_maff". It essentially behaves
like the kio_http slave. The MAFF 'desktop' file tells Konqueror to
open MAFF files with the KHTML part and the kio_maff slave.

Benefits:
- Using a new slave would get rid of appending "index.html" in core
  Konqueror code. IMO a plugin that is not installed should not leave
  traces in core code.
- It is not possible to accidently see the directory of the MAFF/ZIP
  archive by pressing the up arrow. Less computer-educated people
  might get confused.

Comments? Suggestions? Did I miss something?

Greetings,

Matthias