Using the DCOP-Qt bridge (was Re: OT: Is there a way to use dcop to switch tabs in konqueror (KDE3)?...)

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 18:59:28 BST 2010

On Saturday 10 July 2010 03:32:56 pm Maksim Orlovich wrote:
> You can access any slot of any widget in a KDE3 app via the DCOP-Qt
> bridge... however, it will likely do you no good, since if the app is
> actually hung you'll likely be unable to even place a call.

Thanks very much for the response!  I didn't know about the DCOP-Qt
bridge so that might be the hint I need, but, so far, no success.

I've been experimenting on a non-hung instance of kde, and so far don't
seem to have hit on the magical incantation to make anything happen.
IMHO, the closest I've gotten is when I tried the following (at least
DCOP seemed to recognize it as a command), but the previous tab was not
activated...

I did this:

rhk at s17:~$ dcop konqueror-26389
qt/KXMLGUIClient-KActionCollection/activateprevtab

and got this "feedback" at the CLI:

QCStringList functions()
QCStringList interfaces()
QCStringList properties()
bool setProperty(QCString,QVariant)
QVariant property(QCString)
void deleteLater()
void activate()

Any further hints or links would be appreciated.

Randy Kramer