Make Konqueror's searchbar plugin work with any KPart based browser engine...

Fredy Yanardi fyanardi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 18:06:02 BST 2009

Hi Dawit,

I've looked through the patch, and I think generally the patch is ok
to make the searchbar plugin works with any kpart browser engine (like
webkit).

But there is one problem: the searchbar is enabled (and shown)
regardless of the active part, and the worse part is if the user
choose to search using the searchbar, the result is just passed to the
active part. So for example if currently active part is kate part, and
user uses searchbar for google search, what he / she gets is the raw
html text shown in the kate part. (IIRC, there is a bug report for
this problem)

One solution for this is to change the active part to be a browser
part, but I haven't really looked into it.

Best regards,

Fredy Yanardi