Make Konqueror's searchbar plugin work with any KPart based browser engine...

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Fri Sep 25 20:18:40 BST 2009

Vendredi, le 25 septembre 2009, à 21:01, Dawit A. a écrit:
> Indeed... That check was accidentally left there by me when I was orginally
> playing with it. You only need to check whether or not there is a part.

Glad this didn't break your approach, so I as messenger now was shot ;)

> That is sufficient since the install directory for the .desktop file
> determines to which application the plugin belongs ; so there is no need to
> check the type of KPart you dealing with. You only need to make sure that
> features specific only to a given KPart are invoked correctly which is what
> the patch was intended to address.
>
> Attached is the corrected version of the patch... Thanks.

Perhaps the name of the variable "isBrowser" should be adapted, then, so other
persons reading the code understand what this bool is about? :)

(BTW: I am no Konqui developer, just lurking on the list since some time due
to me planning some bigger discussion needed for the network:/ kioslave, just
missing the time yet to prepare it as needed :) )

Cheers
Friedrich
--
Okteta - KDE 4 Hex Editor - http://utils.kde.org/projects/okteta