Problem with saving the "ServiceName" in Konqueror profile files...

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Wed Oct 28 17:44:23 GMT 2009

For the longest time I could not figure out why everytime I launced Konqueror
it defaulted to khtml part when I had chosen webkit part to be my default html
handler. I finally discovered that this happened because I have had saved the
webbrowsing profile and it contained the servicename parameter which was set to
"khtml". The unfortunate side effect of that is it completely overrides the
user's own preference set in filetypes.

As such should not Konqueror at least check to see if the current handler for
the specified "servicetype", e.g. text/html, is still the same as the one saved
in the profile file and if not simply default to using the one currently set
instead of blindly following what was added in the profile ? I was originally
going to suggest that this information should not even be read by Konqueror,
but looking at the code in KonqViewManager::loadItem (konqviewmanager.cpp) it
seems that idea will probably cause other problems when Konqueror's start page
is set to "Show Introduction Page" ??