[Patch] Unified reload/stop actions

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at gmail.com
Mon May 18 10:38:45 BST 2009

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 11:05 AM, Jos Poortvliet
<jospoortvliet at gmail.com> wrote:

> Like many, I'm eagerly awaiting the moment I can use a well-integrated
> KDE browser with all websites I use. I'm completely satisfied with
> KHTML in Akregator, as the sites I read news from mostly work (I load
> the full website on viewing news items),

Speaking of which... I think the current way full-page zoom is
implemented is a bit of a regression with regards to akregator and
kmail.

I'm used to use the Ctrl+wheel action quite often on html pages or
even in kmail reader to increase the font size, but currently the
wheel zoom zooms the whole page (images and all), which is not what I
want when zooming on the akregator article summary or the mail message
(because then the horizontal scrollbar appears, and I have to scroll
horizontally to read the mail text). I think this is one point where
the Firefox approach would work better in khtml also:

The zoom action is one only, and you can chose if it should affect
only text or also images with a checkbox in the menu.

If the default were "only text", this would make the default khtml
view work well for kmail and akregator, I think.

Maybe I should file a bug about this, but would anybody object to such
a patch? I'd like working on it, if this is considered useful.

--
Luciano Montanaro

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
no account be allowed to do the job. -- Douglas Adams