[Patch] Unified reload/stop actions

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Mon May 18 08:42:27 BST 2009

Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> 2009/5/17 Aurélien Gâteau <agateau at kde.org>:
>> Leo Savernik wrote:
>>> For those wanting a simplified khtml-based browser, it suggest
>>> looking at rekonq or arora.
>> You mean webkit-based. There is, to my knowledge, no other khtml-based
>> browser than Konqueror.
>
> True, small slip of the tongue I guess. Doesn't defeat his point - the
> power of konqi is in the attraction to power users...

What I meant is that there is no simple khtml-based alternative to
Konqueror. Konqueror is the only solution KDE provides to browse the
web, so it should not focus on power users only, unless the goal is to
ensure casual users/distributions switch to alternatives like Firefox
(or Arora or Rekonq when they are ready).

The simple-browser profile is probably a way to address this problem,
but Konqueror still needs to be de-cluttered quite a bit IMHO.

Aurélien