[Patch] Unified reload/stop actions

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Sun May 10 20:24:58 BST 2009

Am Mittwoch, 29. April 2009 schrieb Sascha Peilicke:
> some time ago I posted a patch on reviewboard about the unification of the
> reload and stop action (similar to Opera and Safari). David Faure commented
> quite a bit but we came to no conclusion, so I'd like to get some more
> feedback.

We have had this discussion already years ago. The general issue with unified
reload/stop is, as long as the page loads, the button displays stop.

Say, loading takes you too long and you decide to abort. Then you click stop.
But ten milliseconds before, loading finishes and the stop button becomes the
reload button.

Your brains might recognise what happened, but it's too late to recall the
command to your index finger muscles.

Then you may wait again all the time.

Back then we decided to leave things in place, and we also should leave them
now.

mfg
	Leo